Windows 8.1 in the Enterprise for IT Professionals CANITPRO IT CAMP
Attend this CANITPRO IT Camp, Windows 8.1 in the Enterprise for IT Professionals, and learn about the new features and capabilities of Windows 8.1 that make migration, deployment, and management of tomorrow’s environments easier for IT professionals, while improving the end-user experience.
At this event, you will get hands-on experience with Windows 8.1 in the enterprise. Explore the new features of Windows 8.1 while you dive deep into key enterprise scenarios around System Center and Intune management, deployment, security, desktop virtualization, application development, sideloading, desktop recovery, and mobility.
So, come ready with your questions surrounding Windows 8.1 as we look forward to the conversation. If you wish, please email us your questions ahead of the session at
100 Queen st
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 1J9
Saturday, 29 March 2014 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Registration: 8:30 – 9:00 am
Start Time: 9:00 am
Break for Lunch: Noon
End Time: 4:00 pm
All labs will be hosted online. To ensure a great experience here are the minimum requirements to run the online labs. We will not have spare computers to help out attendees that have machines that don’t support the minimum requirements.
The virtual labs are hosted using a hybrid cloud consisting of Windows Server Hyper-V and Windows Azure. Launching these labs will start a client application based on .NET. Detailed system requirements are listed below:
– Operating System Requirements
You must be running one of the following operating systems.
1. Windows Vista (all editions)
2. Windows 7 (all editions)
3. Windows 8 (all editions, except Windows 8 RT, which is not supported)
4. Windows 8.1 (all editions, except Windows 8.1 RT, which is not supported; RTM or later recommended)
5. Windows Server 2008 R2 (all editions)
6. Windows Server 2012 (all editions)
7. Windows Server 2012 R2 (all editions; RTM or later recommended)
Note: .NET Framework 3.5 must be installed on the machine.
– Browser Requirements
HOL LaunchPad Online is deployed using ClickOnce technology. Any browser supporting ClickOnce is supported.
The following browsers have been tested:
1. Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0, 8.0, 9.0, and 10.0 and 11.0 (desktop mode)
2. Google Chrome 10+ with Chrome ClickOnce assistant
3. Mozilla FireFox 5.0+ with the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant installed https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/microsoft-net-framework-assist/
– Screen resolution
The minimum screen resolution supported is 1280×800, otherwise lab content may be clipped off the screen.
HOL LaunchPad Online will configure CredSSP settings required for connectivity to Hyper-V virtual machines. This requires one of the following:
1. Administrator permissions on your computer.
HOL LaunchPad Online will present a User Account Control dialog box before making registry changes.
2. Your administrator to manually add the required registry keys.
Please see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/954357 for information on how to perform this step.
Developer and Platform Evangelism