I was banging my head against a wall. Clean install of an OCS 2007R2 Edge server. IT WAS WORKING!
And then as part of my testing it appeared that it was no longer activated and WOULDN’T
I was muttering a lot of “magic words” over this
So I drilled down through the Activation Log and got this wonderful cryptic error number.
Failure [0xC3EC78D8] Lots of jibberish…
So I checked all the usual suspects. Time, requirements…. check check and TRIPLE check!
So fine. Let’s “Bing” that error. And right up at the WAAAAAAY top was a beautiful article from John Gilham at Gilham Consulting regarding this very issue.
So I checked and SURE enough KB974571 HAD made it’s way into my system. Removed it and rebooted and my OCS EDGE is now sharp again!
Thanks Mr. Gilham!