I am excited to announce to the members of the ITPro Toronto UG that Microsoft is coming to town to host a session on Monday, February 8th, 2010, entitled “Deployment Deep Dive on Windows 7”. You are invited! This exclusive event is hosted by Microsoft user groups across Canada. We’re opening our doors to other passionate technical professionals and I want to give you the first opportunity to register for the event. REGISTER NOW to attend.
User Group Event- Deployment Deep Dive on Windows 7
WELCOME TIME: 6:00pm-6:30pm
EVENT START TIME: 6:30-8:30 pm
LOCATION: Microsoft Canada Headquarters
1950 Meadowvale Boulevard
Mississauga Ontario L5N 8L9
SESSION OVERVIEW: Are you running Windows XP? Are you feeling the pressure of creating a deployment plan? Have no fear! Leveraging learning’s from two Windows 7 early adopters this session will give you the skills you need to proceed with your own deployment. The session will focus on free Windows 7 deployment planning and deployment tools that customize operating system packages and automate deployment planning and network deployments seamlessly. We will dive right into:
- How to use the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) tool to identify your current hardware and application inventory.
- How to use the Windows Automated Install Kit (WAIK) to build a customized image for your organization.
- How to use the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) to build, deploy and maintain Windows installation images.
- How to migrate the end users profile from their current installation to the Windows 7 installation using the User State Migration Toolkit (USMT).
- How to integrate MDT and Windows Deployment Services (WDS) to perform Lite Touch installations of Windows 7.
Finally we will look at how we can leverage the various tools to solve any application compatibility issues you might encounter. We will look at how you can overcome common obstacles using the Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT), or larger obstacles using Windows XP Mode and Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V) and even how you can leverage Application Virtualization (App-V) to streamline application deployment and ensure all your applications work!
I look forward to seeing you at this event.
ITPro Toronto UG